2 cups wheat bran
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup Libby’s 100% pure pumpkin
2 medium or large eggs
1 1/2 cups non fat (skim) milk
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup, chopped walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and place the rack in the center of the oven. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine bran, water and pumpkin and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
3. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey, sugar and oil. Combine egg mixture with bran mixture and stir till smooth
4. Mix in flours, baking soda and spices. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Put a scant 1/2 cup of batter into each muffin tin. Sprinkle with walnuts and bake for about 20 minutes till tops are brown and a toothpick tests clean