1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
1 small clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 large red bell peppers halved and seeded
2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
1. Preheat the broiler. Coat a broiler-pan rack with cooking spray.
2. In a cup, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, flaxseed oil, garlic, salt, and pepper; set aside.
3. Place the bell peppers, skin side up, on the prepared rack. Broil, without turning, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the skins are blackened and blistered in spots.
4. Place the peppers in a bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Peel the skin from the peppers and discard. Cut the peppers into 1/2-inch wide strips.
5. Arrange the tomato slices on a platter. Scatter the pepper strips on top and sprinkle with the basil. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Let stand for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.